wisdom teeth...

I think mine are coming in and I have a dentist appt tomorrow, I was wondering tho has anyone ever just go into the dentist and had them removed the same day or will I have to schedule something certain for it. Also what was the procedure like and how is the recovery?

BrittanyD07

Asked by BrittanyD07 at 4:05 PM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Health

• no, if they need to be removed most of the time they will send you to an oral surgeon
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 4:07 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I had to schedule a consultation with an oral surgeon, then at the consultation scheduled the date for the actual surgery. I had the surgeon put me to sleep for the procedure because I was scared to death of the pain, lol. The first day after the procedure was the absolute worst, but it only took me about 2 weeks to be able to eat halfway normal again. The numbness took some time to get rid of, but the surgeon told me that was normal.

Good luck!
    musicalbabe85

Answer by musicalbabe85 at 4:08 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• You will need to make a separate appointment for it. I took 3 days for recovery at home, but it probably just depends on how many you have removed, etc.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 4:08 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• When I was working in a dental office the 1st visit was usually just a consultation, they examined the teeth, took xrays of the wisdom teeth and then He would work up a treatment plan or refer to the oral surgeon (depending on how the teeth were situated). Some dentists do extractions while others refer patients to oral surgeons for extractions.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 4:12 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Mine were drilled out by an Oral Surgeon in 7th grade (they were still just buds).

If they're coming in straight and don't have problems you don't HAVE to have them removed. DH still has his.
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 4:14 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Why do they need to be removed?

beeky

Answer by beeky at 4:15 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• schedule an appt .. i heard it hurts too
    san78

Answer by san78 at 7:14 AM on Aug. 11, 2010