I am looking for fun cute ideas to tell my family and friends the sex of our baby!

We have our ultrasound on Thursday and I would love to hear how you told your family the news! This is our second child so we were hoping my son could tell them in some way...

danielleaube

Asked by danielleaube at 4:08 PM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• We are having a baby shower to annouce it.. We will have everything neutral, We will have everyne splt into groups as who ever is in the group with the correct sex wins a prize. the cake will be either girl or boy color depending on what we have. ( our us is on thursday too)
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 4:17 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• How about having your son wear a shirt that says "I am a going to be a big brother to a baby brother/sister." You can get a cheap white shirt and just write the words on there with puff paint or some kind of fabric paint.
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 4:23 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• We have our Dr's appointment very early in the morning...and our family wont be done with work and school till about 5 in the afternoon.

So we are going to a bakery and get a cake with either blue insides...or pink insides....iced white on the outside...

We are going to let our oldest son cut the first piece....color will tell...then we have a cake to celebrate!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 5:03 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I agree with ldsdragonmom, have your son wear a shirt. But keep in mind that if not everyone is there, once one member of the family knows, the rest of the family will know.
    nova.mommy

Answer by nova.mommy at 5:35 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Thanks everyone!! I was actually thinking of making a shirt. I was gonna have his say I'm a big brother and ME wear one that says I'm the little brother/sister!!
    danielleaube

Comment by danielleaube (original poster) at 5:50 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• i remember i told my mil in a card it was funny because we were having a boy so we got this card that was all pink in fron and sayd congratulations on your new... and it was all pink and a dolly and stuff and once you open it you had a baby boy saying a grandson lol it was hilarious they really wanted a grandaughter. the face was just awesome when they thoughit was a girl and then it came out to be a boy and with my parents we got some baby booties that where blue and we put them in a pink box they also though it was going ot be a girl and when they opened it they found out it was a boy they were happy they wanted a boy lol
    Alejandra10

Answer by Alejandra10 at 5:52 PM on Aug. 10, 2010