How old was your son when he started using the MENS ROOM?

I've seen moms coming the the ladies room with their sons. I was wondering.....if there is an age limit???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:24 PM on Aug. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• If it was a crowded place where I did not feel safe allowing my son into the men's room alone i would take him into the woman's room up until last year. He is 13 now and I feel ok sending him in alone everywhere. I take my 2 little ones, ages 8 and 6, into the women's room unless my husband is around to take them to the men's.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 4:30 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• In a place that has family rest rooms we use those. I wish more places did. At crowded places he comes with me. At not so crowded places he goes by himself and I wait outside the door. He knows to scream if anyone comes near him He is 6.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:39 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• He was about 7, I'd wait right outside the door until he came out. My ex, myself, and my DH all talked to him about appropriate bathroom etiquette first.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 4:49 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• my boys are 5 and 6, and they go in the bathroom together. they just get a lecture about no playing, no loud voices, just pea, wash hands and leave.
    i was sooo nervous the first time i let my son go to the bathroom his self. i couldn't go with him, i was in line at the grocery store with twins and the 3 yr old. i could see the bathroom door while i was in line, but i was very nervous. i would have felt better if i was right outside the door, and not in line!
    imo, 5 and 6 is too old for my boys to go into the women's bathroom.
    probably 5 might be the cut off for most boys. but of course, some are special, and some may not be able to even open the doors on their own...they are heavy.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 4:55 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• by himself he was about 8
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 5:00 PM on Aug. 10, 2010