how do you NOT...

smack your child upside their face/head! ugh my 2 yr old hits pinches kicks screams and all of it at me takes all I have to not smack her her face when she tells me no and screams at me, i can't handle this i find myself screaming back at her right now i closed her in her room cause I cannot deal with her attitude problem at all i found myself smacking her bare butt cause she just refused to listen and was hitting pinching telling me no i swear im ready to throw in the towel at this! im so frustrated on what to do and how to handle this stage, on top of being 30 weeks pregnant, makes me really not want this child to be at times if it means it will be like the devil spawn i have now!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:31 PM on Aug. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• It's called self-control from the sounds of it you need anger management. You should NEVER hit a child in the head or slap them in the face. How would you like it if someone slapped you across the face every time you annoyed them?
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:35 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Try time outs. 1 minute for every year she is. So every time she gets in trouble 2 minute timeout and take away her toys as well. Put them away for the rest of the day.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:36 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• it doesn't say she smacked the child in the face at all just feels that way, do you have a support system, i doubt think you need anger management, i think you just need some you time and when she gets that way just continue what you do by putting her in her room and closing the door and walking away
    oppsdiditagain

Answer by oppsdiditagain at 4:36 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• .YOU need a time out. lol. It's true. moms need time outs. When she is acting up and you feel you temper rising calmly pick her up put her in her bed and you go chill to.

As far as managing it. Yelling is funny to a 2 year old. It's a game. Try calmly telling her NO! and giving her hand a squeeze. Try having a set 'room time' each day. set up a baby gate and let her entertain herself in her room for a good 30 min. Make sure the room has outlets covered and windows latched but really she will be fine and it gives you a break. I know it is SOOO hard. I've been there. still am... You just need to train yourself to help her.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:37 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• welcome to the terrible 2's! i know what you're going through, my dd just turned 2. time outs are a joke. so i spank her butt, if she says no to me, after a few times, i pop her on the mouth. thanfully, her tantrums consist of sitting, then laying down gently, as not to hit her head, and then she starts screaming. she's a pincher too. she pinches her brother. but they always fight. it's so annoying, but it's the usual around here now. ds used to scream when she pinched him. then he started hitting her back. now,he's gotten so used to it, (no matter how many times i've told that girl to stop) that when she does it now, he just looks at me while she's doing it, and says "oww, mommy, she's pinching me". i think he likes seeing her get into trouble lol.
    as many bruises as they give themselves from falling, running into things, and giving to each other, i'm scared someone will think they're being abused :(
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 4:42 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• you need to just take a tim eout your self when you feel as thought your having one of them days where ur kid is just driving you up the wall .you need to let her know that its not ok to act this way and that you are the boss .try time outs or a smack on the butt .
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 4:43 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• If she bites you, bite her back! If she pinches, pinch her back. I don't think kids realize how much it hurts when they bite or pinch. As for hitting, I would use time-outs. I feel that you are only teaching a child to hit when you hit them. I completely understand where you are coming from. When my son pisses me off to the point where I feel the way you do, I tell his father to deal with it and I walk away to cool down. If dad is not around, put her in a safe place, like her room and just walk away. Take time to cool down.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 4:44 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Also, try not to react. As said in another answer, children find it funny when they get a reaction out of you. Calmly walk her to her room and tell her to stay in there until you come back.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 4:46 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Make her sit until she can be quiet, and has collected herself. If it means sitting with her until then that's what you need to do. Do it everytime she screams, etc. She will eventually get the hint and realize she can't get away with it. Stick to your guns Momma or she's just going to get bigger, louder and hit harder.....
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 4:47 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Hello anger management class for Mommy please...

some people should just not be parents
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 4:49 PM on Aug. 10, 2010