What do you think of men who are 60+ that marry younger women and have children?

I'm just curious. Not trying to bash anyone. I do think it's kind of sad for the kids if their dad dies because of age related issues. But ...other then that i don't really have an opinion.
What are your thoughts?

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 4:37 PM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i agree its sad for the children besides that i think it must be hard because they might not have as much in common but thats just what i think. i havent met anyone in that situation
    roxy0522

Answer by roxy0522 at 4:39 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Same her just sad for the kids but even older men deserve to be happy!
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:40 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• hey whatever floats there boat
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 4:40 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I do think it's unfair to the child. My FIL passed when my DH was 12 - DH was his youngest child and he was already in his late 50's when DH was born. As a result, most of DH's memories of his father are of him being angry and sick near the end of his life - he doesn't remember much of the few years he was still able to run around and do things. We have some pictures, and his older siblings can tell him stories of things that happened when he was a baby, but he doesn't really have much of his own to remember him in a good way.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:41 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• they are more likely to actually be able to support their family. dh insisted on getting married when he was 30 - no older - because he didnt want to be an "old dad." so they are more sickly and likely to die on the kid, but more likely than a young guy to have money to spoil them while he is alive...
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 4:47 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I feel like if it makes them happy go for and as long as the mother and father are both in good health. More power to them. besides older parents are more experienced and patient.
    newmommyjazz

Answer by newmommyjazz at 4:48 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I think men that age who do this, get a second chance at life, and the life expectancy these days is much higher, I have no problem with this.

Answer by older at 4:50 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• 60 is old? Old is subjective. When I was a teen and my Mom was over 40 I thought she was ancient. I am now nearly 50 and raising two grandkids. I sure as heck don't think I'm 'old" Children of older men are no more sad to me than children of older women. There are advantages and disadvantages to both. When my bio kids were little I didn't wake up aching from arthritis..but just because I do now doesn't make me unfit to raise them.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:56 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• my husband is older and I know he is cheating his son because of his age and the fact that he is not younger. my son has a nephew the same age as him and that kid has a more fun time with his 26 yr old father. why? because the energy level is different. my step grandson is learning how to be a regular active boy because of his active father.
    My son does not get that, he gets a dad that is worn out, who aches and hurts, doesn't want to wrestle or toss a ball or play with him.
    my husband admits that if he were 25 yrs younger he could be more of the dad our son deserves.
    I sometimes think I should have given it more thought to having a kid with an older man.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 4:57 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• GrnEyedGrandma

i never said that an older man COULDN'T raise a child. I was only saying that he is more likely to die and that i feel that is sad for the kids. And women can't have kids at 60+ without unethical medical intervention and a c-section.
    outstandingLove

Comment by outstandingLove (original poster) at 5:06 PM on Aug. 10, 2010