Need some Relationship advice

SO i have been dating this guy for a little over 3 months.. We like eachother and have fun.. but we always have communication issues. He does something that I find to be a problem and he wants me to tell him so I do.. and when I do he gets angry with me.. and zero patients with me being emotional if he thinks I dont need to be that way.. he hasnt been in a relationship for over 3 years ... he makes me feel special verbally wise, and does do my laundry when I am at him house. But everything is on his own time, he is very selfish.
I care about him and dont want to break up but I think I could do better for my self with someone who will appricate me for who I am.

The last convo we had he kept saying everything I had to say was BULLSH"T which hurt my feelings.. I am a very nice person and very loving and caring..

What would you do?

MommySteph1011

Asked by MommySteph1011 at 4:37 PM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• Nope, he does JUST ENOUGH to keep you with him. But when you show emotions, he flips his lid. He can't accept you for who you are. And as I said, this is a new relationship. He's already telling you that everything you say is bullshit? Even if that's just in a single conversation, someone has to be a real whack job to not be able to make good points in a conversation. He's just not good for you. He makes you feel bad about yourself, right? He leaves you at his house when you are supposed to go somewhere together. He gets pissy when you are emotional. My ex husband said I was too emotional, too. He wanted me to fight back. I guess he wanted us to physically fight, IDK. But if he doesn't want you to get so emotional, then he shouldn't push the buttons to hurt your feelings. He's the one that brings it out.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 5:05 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• no relationship is perfect, and people do not change easily. could you imagine this man raising your children? caring for you if you are ill? supporting you emotionally during a crisis? do you know why he hasn't been in a relationship in three years? maybe he doesn't want to be in one. 3 months is kind of that point where you decide if it is serious enough to move on isn't it? he may be ready to move on.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 4:42 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I once ended a relationship which had lasted over 5 years, two of which we were engaged. I could have been 'content', but I would never have been 'happy'. If you can't ever seeing yourself being happy it isn't worth it. Also I started to realize in that in my mind I kept refering to 'if' the relationship ended and then later 'when' the relationship would end. Thats when I knew I needed to go.
    DuckaDucka

Answer by DuckaDucka at 4:44 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• He doesn't sound good enough for you. It sounds as if he thinks he's too good for you, and he's got himself on a pedestal. No one should have themselves on a pedestal. This is a new relationship, and he isn't making you feel special, I say THAT is bullshit. There is a reason he hasn't been in a relationship for three years, and it's probably because no one could stand to be in one with him. I don't think you should even give him a chance to change. He'd probably go right back to this behavior anyway. I think you should ditch him, and find a real man.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 4:48 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• everything I had to say was BULLSH"T

This tells me that he doesn't care what you think and cares not for how you feel. He does the nice things to keep you around but he isn't nurturing the relationship unless it is for his own benefit.

Get out and show your child what a truely loving relationship should look like. Find a guy who cares about you more than himself.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:55 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Some men don't know how to handle womens emotions.My SO is this way.Every person on this earth has got issues.& that is what you work on.If you love your partner,you don't try to change them but work on the issues at hand.My SO has gotten better when he sees me upset or crying.You've only been together 3 months.This is usually around the time you start to see each others"true colors".You are already doubting whether you should be with him or not.Cut you ties with this guy and move on.You don't need a man to 'Complete you".
    bvannkissy

Answer by bvannkissy at 5:27 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• wow i was gonna tell you to sit down with him and talk to him and let him know how you are feeling and try to work on things but then i read that he dont listen and everything you say is bs .maybe it will be better if you go your own way if you cant sit down and talk to him about ur feelings .good luck i hope things work out for you
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 4:40 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• In the best movie line I can think of ..I would "seek life elsewhere". Don't invest anymore time with an immature, selfish person.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:44 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• He is a very nice guy and very complimentary usually.. But we have a lot of drama because he has a hard time seeing how I feel and gets frustrated and mad at me if he cant fully understand.. He tells me I am to emotional. Which maybe true for him I maybe to emotional.. WE have a lot of fun together and our kids have a blast together but I cant stand that I do sooooooo much for him and he can only think of me once in a while.. It is frustrating.. do you ladies think its wrong to still see eachother but maybe see other people now too..?
    MommySteph1011

Comment by MommySteph1011 (original poster) at 4:52 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• That's great you have fun and he can be nice when HE WANTS TO...but relationships are about being considerate, respectful, it is not just about having fun and the kids having a blast. It is apart of it but not all of it. think of the big picture...and if you have doubts and not sure and already complaining you need to move on
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 5:05 PM on Aug. 10, 2010