Hurts to have sex... adult content

i'M 40 weeks pregnant and was due yesterday for my little girl. My dr. and pretty much everyone I know tell me to have sex which we try but its soooo hard on my belly no matter what way we position ourselves. Any Ideas?

Another thing...We had sex Sunday morning and i went in the hospital with crazyyy contractions later that night...well they died down and the dr said i had false labor and the contractions were cause of sex that morning...So i got sent home..4cms and all ...and before i left she said to have sex. I was confused. I thought sex brought on the false contractions. Why would I do it again if I'm just gonna be sent home?

chelebele05

Asked by chelebele05 at 4:45 PM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• my guess is at some point sex will bring on real contractions and then your daughter will be with you sooner.
    Expecting1st

Answer by Expecting1st at 4:48 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Sex can trigger labor. It also helps your cervix prepare for birth. It softens it which makes labor easier.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:51 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Ya i know it helps but i guess i was kinda dissapointed to find out it only caused False contractions that didn't do anything. We've been doing it a LOT and that was the only time anything happened...Guess I'm too impatient.
    chelebele05

Comment by chelebele05 (original poster) at 4:54 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Also keep in mind that EDD means ESTIMATED due date. It could take up to 2 more weeks.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:57 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I hate the term "false labor". There is nothing "false" about it. Your body is doing real work. It may not be active labor yet but your body is progressing.

So keep having sex, if you feel like it, but you will go into labor if you don't ; ) Try to relax and enjoy your last few days of having baby all to yourself!
    jupiter84

Answer by jupiter84 at 5:12 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• if your 4 cm now and you have sex again and get more contractions you can open more and at this point they might induce you. i had to be induce ant 37 weeks because i was open at 6 cm so they cant leave you once you pass 6 cm because its easier to get infections so maybe thats why they said to have sex so you can get more contractions. you can try with you laying on your side and you hubby can be in the back of you
    Alejandra10

Answer by Alejandra10 at 5:48 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Well, i guess it's worth another shot then! :-)
    chelebele05

Comment by chelebele05 (original poster) at 6:02 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Theres a hormones proglastin I think that will help your cervix thin out which will make you dialate faster doign a much as you can Id say LOL
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 8:51 PM on Aug. 16, 2010