Do your kids do a good job of entertaining themselves?

KamiB79

Asked by KamiB79 at 4:53 PM on Aug. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• Yes!
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 4:54 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• yes!
    thank God for that too : )
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 4:55 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• My kids usually do, but for the last few days they are driving me crazy! I think it's time for school to start!
    KamiB79

Comment by KamiB79 (original poster) at 4:57 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• yes. by fighting. lol. well, they do that, but they also can play nice and quietly on those rare days. i try to make them have 'alone time' or 'time away from each other' . they need it. alot. playing quietly on their own, they can occupy themselves forever.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 4:58 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Yes, but they're 12 and 16 now. When they were younger, it was "fun' when they entertained themselves. There would always be some crazy mess to clean afterward.
    sherriet

Answer by sherriet at 5:02 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• One does, one doesn't.

My daughter is very self-entertained with drawing, playing music, watching TV, playing outside and generally keeping busy cleaning her room or organizing her stuff. She enjoys her alone time.

My son seems to need constant attention. He goes from room to room bothering people just to have senseless conversations. The only time he is self-entertained is when he is playing video games and even then he trys to get others involved in his game.

There are plus and minuses. We have to drag her out of her room for family time, but it is nice when I am busy working and need them to be independent. He (is actually older) and is great for family time, but is a disturbance when I need him to keep himself busy and stay out of trouble.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 5:06 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• they do a good job of entertaining each other (there is 4 of them)
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 3:45 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Yes! Thankfully! lol.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 2:57 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Yes
    momof337

Answer by momof337 at 9:18 PM on Aug. 12, 2010