Costume Ideas...

What are some good, creative costume ideas for a 1 year old? Last year he went as the pillsbury dough boy and he filled the role perfectly, lol.

Or what about for mom/dad/and baby? a themed costume idea for all three of us...

1st_time_mom23

Asked by 1st_time_mom23 at 4:56 PM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• We're doing Dr Suess this year.
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 4:57 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• fred, betty and bam bam
    bat man, cat woman, robin
    princess lea, darthvader, luke skywalker
    charlie brown, lucy, snoopy
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 5:02 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• you can decorate the stroller too!
    a dog house made of cardboard over the stroller or wagon.
    i did a batmobile cutout for each side of a double stroller one year.
    i have b/g twins and was going to do a pirate ship stroller, but i had a headache, so i didn't!
    so pirates are another costume idea for the family
    aliens would be cute too!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 5:04 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I know people probably won't agree with me, but I think a little child dressed as an Oompa Loompa is absolutely adorable, and creative. :) LOL
    MacyKaysMommy

Answer by MacyKaysMommy at 5:05 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• When my son was 1 he was a penguin. It worked out perfectly because he had just started walking so he waddled just like a penguin. We had planned on my husband and I dressing like zoo keepers and giving our son goldfish crackers, but we never got around to getting ourselves costumes.
    Sillieguze

Answer by Sillieguze at 5:27 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I have costumes on my CM homepage. All homemade. Feel free to check it out.
    When my son was 1 (we live in upstate NY and it can get cold enough to snow on halloween) I made a Tee Pee out of his stroller and made him a little indian. The tee pee kept the snow and rain off of him he stayed warm and dry. The outfit as big enough so that we could dress him warmly under it. Or just wear the costume if we had a warm fall. I made him a wampum bag fo rthe few goodies he did get
    There are web site w/ costume ideas as well as outube. www.costumeworks.com
    maybe walk around your local fabric store and look at the patterns for ideas. You don't have to buy the patterns but they may give you an idea
    you could be a set of 3 clowns, momma bear papa bear baby bear have a doll with you with goldie locks of hair....
    you = cheerleader, daddy = football player, baby = football
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 5:35 PM on Aug. 10, 2010