Why am I lonely sometimes, while surrounded by people?

It's wierd. I'll have a busy life, with kids and people everywhere. but, sometimes....I'm lonely. Anyone else ever feel this way? Maybe it's cause I usually feel like most of my friendships are not give and take?

thelowlander

Asked by thelowlander at 4:56 PM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Health

• I don't think you are unusual - it happens to everyone.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 4:59 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I think I can understand what you mean. 3 months after my husband and I got married we had our first baby, so we didn't get much time to enjoy being newlyweds. Our son is a year old now and we constantly joke to one another that we don't have any friends, and it really is kinda that way. We have friends at work that we talk to and such, but none that we go on double dates with or anything, because they're all still single and partying, etc and don't share the same values as us anymore.

It's obvious that we just grew up, but sometimes I'll be at home with my boy and just want to go out and be around adults and have stimulating conversation, lol. I am starting to get closer to a girl I work with and we've been out a few times and I think that she and I will eventually be really close, but my husband and I would really like to meet another couple we can go out with and talk about the same things.
    1st_time_mom23

Answer by 1st_time_mom23 at 5:06 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• i feel that too at times
    san78

Answer by san78 at 7:13 AM on Aug. 11, 2010