How much do you pay for your dental insurance?

I live in California and my family's Medical will no longer pay for dental care for people over 21 . I don't need any insurance for myself because I am a quarter Indian and I get free dental work through the Indian health clinic. My husband however is in really bad pain becuase he needs a root canal. It was actually supposed to be done over a year ago but it wasnt hurting him then so I couldn't drag him to the dentist before Medical stopped paying for root canals. Anyway, now I need to buy him some dental insurance so he can have his teeth fixed. How much does it cost?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:57 PM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Health

• well they probaby won't cover a pre existing condition regardless of how much you pay for it. Most dentist offices have a finance company they work with so you basically get a loan for the dental work then make payments. We had to do this when my husband was switching jobs. He has perfect teeth had never had any dental work done, but broke a front tooth in a freak accident during a 1 month gap without insurance between the old coverage dropping off and the new company coverage starting. :P I don't remember how much the payments were but it wasn't bad. But it really is important for your husband to get that tooth taken care of ASAP. In past year, two different men in our community who were both fathers to young children both died from tooth absesses that went to their brain. Most people don't even realize that a bad tooth can kill you, but it most certainly can.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 5:16 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• $7 a week

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:05 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I pay $25 per month through my husband's employer.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 5:07 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• nothing its free here
    san78

Answer by san78 at 7:13 AM on Aug. 11, 2010