is it true that with each pregnancy your baby sits lower due to the previous stretching of uterus?

oppsdiditagain

Asked by oppsdiditagain at 4:57 PM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I have never heard this. My last baby (3rd) was higher up then my first two ever were.
    boizmom

Answer by boizmom at 4:59 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• i don't think so.
    i just had my 5th, and she remained high until i started pushing her out!
    there is probably differences in the tone of the uterus after each pregnancy, and the abdominal muscles as well.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 4:59 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• something the u/s tech told me when i said i felt that this one sat lower that is why i asked never had heard it before
    oppsdiditagain

Comment by oppsdiditagain (original poster) at 5:00 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Yes. At least it held true for me. And it does make sense.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:17 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• their is a chance that can happen. i know my doctor told me that sometimes the baby can be lower or higher weather its the first or the scond. my first son was very low and he was my first. when i got pregnant with my second son h was very high i remember i would have a very hard time breathing since the doctor said he was putting a lot of preasure in my lings since he was high up
    Alejandra10

Answer by Alejandra10 at 5:45 PM on Aug. 10, 2010