Anybody know of a good liquid diet?

I am trying to lose some weight post baby and all and tighten up the tummy. I have joined a gym but I'm wondering if anyone has had luck with protein shakes? I want to make sure I'm getting the nutrients I need but I am not very good about eating. If I can drink it real quick I am more likely to do it. Any suggestions?

KandDsmama1

Asked by KandDsmama1 at 4:59 PM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• You really shouldn't be using "good" immediately before "liquid diet" unless it's preceded by "there's no such thing as a". Overall any 'lose weight quick' "diets" are generally unhealthy and the results (if any) will not be long term. Getting in (or back in) shape requires patience and diligence. Joining a gym is a good start... actually using the membership is an even better start. There really is no magic secret to losing weight, it really does just boil down to a simple garbage in garbage out. You need to be active enough to burn more than what you're eating in order to lose weight. (Sure there are some medical conditions that require extra help, but those special cases should be discussed with a doctor and still shouldn't rely on quick fad diets).
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 5:09 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I would highly recommend finding a class at the gym you're interested in. I've found I'm able to push a lot harder/longer when I'm keeping up with an instructor.

As far as the diet portion of weight loss, I've found the various information on SparkPeople dot com VERY helpful (and it's free).

Good luck, you can do it!
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 5:11 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Oh... and now that I've got the general vent about "liquid diets" out of the way... as a part of a healthy diet, my doctor recommended Muscle Milk. It's a very tasty protein drink.
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 5:12 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• muscle milk tastes good, but it's higher in fat than most 100% whey proteins.

some weightloss centers say it's okay to have a protein shake in place of breakfast to get 30 grams of protein in.

if you drink protein shakes all day long, you're not getting much nutrition.

mckomet

Answer by mckomet at 9:30 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Juice Plus "Complete" meal replacement smoothie mix. Yummy!!! Packed with whole food based nutrition. Let me know if you'd like to know more about it.
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 3:42 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• not really a "liquid diet", but this is healthy and effective - it does involve healthy protein shakes and other natural supplements (all stimulant free)

Isagenix worked for me. I lost 18 lbs and kept it off (for over a year now).

more info here - http://simplecleansing.blogspot.com/

if you have any questions feel free to message me here or email me - my contact info is on the blog site.
    mom2threets

Answer by mom2threets at 11:30 AM on Aug. 13, 2010