How much water should I drink

I keep a 20 oz bottle of water at my desk all day (the kind you refill), I drink about 3 of those during the day and at least 1 more at night at home. A friend said that's too much water. I'm sure it's different for different sizes, ages, etc.. how can I find out how much I need

customcat2000

Asked by customcat2000 at 11:41 AM on Oct. 6, 2008 in Health

• There is such a thing as drinking too much water, which can result in hyponatremia..a dilution of the sodium in your body. This is dangerous because it can cause you to essentially drown, from the inside. However, you're no where near that point. It isn't how much you drink so much as how quickly you drink it. Your kidneys can process up to 15 liters of water in a single day...just not all at once! You are drinking 10 cups of water a day; now if you were drinking all of it in say, a 5 minute span, then you might have problems. But, you spread out over the day, and that is fine. Don't even worry about it.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 12:47 PM on Oct. 6, 2008