visitation pill?

this may sound a little craaaazy, but is there a pill that i can take on the days that my step child visits (8 days/month) that will calm me? i dont think i need depression medication or anything cause i am fine the other days of the month. when the step child is with us i am grumpy/mean and it ruins our weekends. this has gone on for several years now and i dont wanna start drinking!
please dont just tell me to stop being a b*tch, ive tried for years now...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:10 PM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• Valium can be taken as needed

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:12 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Why is it exactly that your inner demon comes out when they are there?
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:12 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• First you should find the reason why you are an angry/grumpy person when your Stepkids come.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:14 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Never heard of one, but let me know if you find one!
    ckap4707

Answer by ckap4707 at 5:15 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Clonazepam, generic for Klonpin. It has the same calming effect as Xanax, without making you tired. Is your step-child bad?
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 5:16 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Klonopin, I meant.
    JGRIMMER

• Personally, I like Ativan. I've taken it for about 7 years now. It doesn't make me sleepy at all, but I take a low dose. It works well for me, but the only one I can get it from is my psychiatrist. The other docs just cannot stop themselves from the lecture on how addictive it is. They close their ears when I explain I take it as needed, hell, I have the same 30 pill Rx from August. And there are like 11 pills or so left. I am not addicted. Anywho, you'd need an anti-anxiety med. One that can be taken as needed, not one that has to build up in your system.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 5:24 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Everyone's different, honestly, because the PP was talking about how Klonopin doesn't make you tired, and I felt exhausted after I took it. Zanax works for me. Go talk to your dr about it, and see if he can prescribe you something. I'm sorry you're going thru this. I know how you feel about stepkids!!! ;) Good Luck!
    bethanysmom1007

Answer by bethanysmom1007 at 5:49 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Try a low dose of Benadryl. 25 mg will make you a little bit drowsy.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 5:54 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• If you really love his father you must be able to love him or her after all you are able to put up with his father life is about give and take.
    oba

Answer by oba at 6:22 PM on Aug. 10, 2010