At what age did they start picking out their clothes from the store?

DD is 3 and sometimes picks out what she wears from the closet. I know I only have a little while left before she starts telling me what to buy in the first place.

Jademom07

Asked by Jademom07 at 5:20 PM on Aug. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• my 7 yr old loves picking out her own clothes from the store .come to think of it i have let my 2 yr old dd pick out an outfit from walmart it had dora and she grabbed it off the rack and said dordor
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 6:11 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Age 2....... my little diva! LOL
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 5:21 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I let my 2 year old pick out what she wants to wear at the store and at home

You have a two yr old sherri?
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:21 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Since 2 I have let them help but even my older ones at 5 and 7 I pick many of their clothes and yes they help.I know what they like so typically they love what I pick but my daughter really enjoys picking her clothes out so it makes for fun shopping days!
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 5:24 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• My 8 year old son has been going shopping with me for quite some time and happily picks out his clothes. My 11 year old son went shopping with me for the first time yesterday. My 15 year old son does not shop and it is a pain. My 17 year old daughter has been picking out her own clothes since she could decipher colors!
    mpeada

Answer by mpeada at 5:44 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• When she was about a year or so. We'd go shopping together for something for her and I'd ask what she wanted. She would just say "that pink skirt" or "that purple dress" or whatever. I've always thought that since she's the one wearing the clothes she should be the one to pick it out. Gotta say, she does an awesome job! Something that just looking at it you would think "that looks weird" you see on her and it's just perfect. My little girlie-girl! :-)
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 7:11 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• When has he not picked out his own clothes? My son just tells me if something is ugly or he will say, " I am not wearing that."
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 10:06 PM on Aug. 10, 2010