pregnant and nail school

I want to become a nail tech and my husband told me there is no way that i can start going to school for this right now because im pregnant.Because smelling all the chemicals all day can hurt the baby.Is this true?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Oct. 6, 2008 in Pregnancy

• its not proven that it will hurt the baby but it may make you sick .. exspecailly in an area that is not vented good
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 11:42 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Call the school and talk to someone there. They would know any and all risks and how it could affect you or the baby and what precautions can be taken, etc, the whole nine yards. I'm sure they wouldn't mind answering your questions!!!
    WadeMom313

Answer by WadeMom313 at 11:49 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• No No No, talking to the school is only one step. Talk to your ob/gyn too! I think your husband is on the right track though, and it HAS been proven that it can lead to miscarriage and or neonatal death. If you have a good ob/gyn they would tell you to wait. It's not worth the risk or chance. Losing a child is one of the very worst things that can happen to a mother.... trust me. So don't risk ti!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 11:53 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• if it has been proven towards miscarriage then how come at the hospital i work at almost every pregnant woman has her nails done .. hmmmm they must all just be fat huh
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Hi I am an esthetician and I work in a salon my room is right next to the nail station and I smell perms everyday almost everyone that works there worked in a salon through thier pregnancies and all babies are healthy this last year we had 4 babies born to the girls there and all are healthy. So I think it's fine. I have read many things that say no proof that it hurts the fetus.
    nicbillera

Answer by nicbillera at 3:10 PM on Oct. 6, 2008