Anyone have ATT & buy a phone off EBAY?

I know most times you just need to pop your sim card in- but the new phone is a blackberry & ATT now requires blackberrys to HAVE the data package. Do you think bc the blackberry is 3 yrs old its too old to register & wont require it?

Or because its unlocked & can be used on any carrier that takes a sim card itll work just fine. I only need phone to send pics/texts & to be able to talk. No internet!

pinkcicle709

Asked by pinkcicle709 at 5:24 PM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Shopping

• i haven't had att&t service in a long long time but i did buy a phone last year from online.. i didn't like it. i had to call them to unlock it(it claimed it was unlocked phones) then i noticed that everything on the phone were old features. i couldn't easliy update it..so i just sent it back. but i do know other people who have had great purchases of mobile phones on ebay. we even bought a laptop off of ebay.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 5:24 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I'm fighting the ATT data plan also but I know next year when it is time to renew our plan and get *free* phones they will somehow get me.
    I am thinking of doing the unlimited Walmart plan for $45 a month. It will be the same or less than having the text and data plan with our 4 phones. have you looked into it?? My DIL has it and it works great for her!!
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 5:26 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• all of the data phones now "require" a data package....stupid, i know...i wouldn't worry about it, since your just puting your sim card in it..i think i was told that every few months they'll go through and any smart phone that doesn't have a data package on it, will have on put on, on the newer phones. you can always call customer service when you change it over, and tell them to block the data package.
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 5:17 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Why don't you call AT&T customer service and ask them?

Answer by rkoloms at 8:57 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• no and no sorry
    san78

Answer by san78 at 10:45 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I agree with you Aasiyah . I bought a locked iPhone from Ebay  which is on AT&T . I want to unlock it to use it with various networks. So, i called them to unlock it . They are not respond my call. After that, i have searched in online to get any online service to unlock it . Finally, i got Remote unlocking service to unlock my iPhone and i got it from the provider  Wickedunlock.com  . Now, my iPhone is working properly .
    childchar

Answer by childchar at 3:37 AM on Jun. 18, 2013