smoking while pregnant?

i just wanted to know what or how people feel about smoking cigarettes during pregnancy.

Paige-0

Asked by Paige-0 at 5:38 PM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I don't think people should smoke while pregnant. It's putting the unborn child's health at risk
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:40 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I know people who have done it. I am a long time smoker, but I always quit while pregnant. The way I figure it is this....I am choosing to smoke...the baby isn't. So I can stop while the baby is depending on me and relying on everything that is going into my body.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 5:40 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Personally, I think it is wrong. But, my mother smoked throughout every one of her 7 pregnancies and we all turned out ok. I was a 10 on the apgar scale.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 5:40 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• being a good parent begins BEFORE the child is born.....
    I know I will get some heat for this ...but I am against it....why play russian roulette with your childs like/health?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
    Everyone knows smoking while pregnant is not healthy for the baby (or smoking around them after they are born) so why do it??
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 5:42 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• i really dont think people should be smoking while pregnant. thats making more milestones the baby has to cross. i know the doctor told me they can have breathing problems or be bon in the small sides easier for them to get infections and stuff. i mean i think us as parents we should think ok we want to get pregnant that means we are willing to do everything wecan to have a healthy baby. so i think they should stop smoking atleast while being pregnant. the baby is here because of us parents andn we need to make sure we are here for them adn giving them the best shot they can get at life
    Alejandra10

Answer by Alejandra10 at 5:43 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I'm very much against it! I don't think anyone has a right to endanger their baby's health.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 5:43 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I don't think they should. I have a much stronger opinion, but I know I am not allowed to speak freely.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:44 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• All smokers know that it is harmful to your health. They also know that it is harmful to a fetus. There are some cases when quitting is not healthy for the mom due to time and how much they smoke, then slowing is better.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:44 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I'm think it's not ok at all. The baby has no say while the mother is there putting all this smoke in her bady the baby has to breath it.
    ktinaza

Answer by ktinaza at 5:45 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• HOORAY for dirt lungs!
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 5:49 PM on Aug. 10, 2010