can you hae contrations and not know and wat happens if your are not dialatin when you go into labor or is that possible?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:07 PM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yes you can. Labor is supposed to cause dialation. If you fail to progress and baby is not dealing well with the contractions you end up with a c-section.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:19 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• if you're asking if you can have contractions and go into labor i think you would know. the pain is terrible. there was a girl at school who thought she was in labor bc she lost her mucus plug, the er sent her home laughing bc she thought she was in labor but couldn't feel her contractions, honey you're going to feel those!
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 6:28 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Sometimes you cant feel the contractions at first, but trust me you will feel them eventually..lol..And yes you can not dialate in labor. I was in hard labor for 37 hours and didnt dilate past 7.5-8cm and ended up with a c section. Its called failure to progress and happens the most with inductions.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 6:53 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• when I was induced with my son I didnt feel one contractions and they were going off the chart... until they broke my water then I felt everything lol
    travisnowensmom

Answer by travisnowensmom at 11:59 PM on Aug. 10, 2010