ugly?

so i'm 31 weeks today and i just feel soo hidious inside my own skin, nothing fits, and i know i put on quite a bit of weight and sometimes i feel like my SO wishes i looked better but i can't help it..i keep telling myself i'll take care of my weight and everything once the baby gets here, but in the mean time i just can't help but feeling anything but that "glow" everyones saying i supposidly have? how do i feel good about myself?

aliciamarie1012

Asked by aliciamarie1012 at 6:08 PM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Think of yourself as a vessel to the beautiful gift you are going to receive, how can the vessel be ugly when it carries precious cargo? I know how you feel, but it won't be for long, the glow is probably there, you just can't see it.

Answer by older at 6:11 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• We all went through that, I'm sure. I know I did! Remember that you are creating another human and lots of other things go with that: swelling, weight, hormones, you get it. Focus on being healthy and your body will be back to normal in no time. Plus, your beautiful baby will be your new focus so you won't even care if it takes a while. I know what you mean, though. I outgrew clothes every week it seemed like.
    LittleWeloosMom

Answer by LittleWeloosMom at 6:13 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• aww i am sure you dont look that bad .it will all be over soon and you will be back to your normal self .it will all be worth it once the baby gets here .try and stay postive
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 6:15 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• bluh the "glow" was a lie. the further a long you will get the grosser you will feel until its over. the baby is born and nothing else at that point will matter in the slightest bit.
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 6:19 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Aw, don't be to hard on yourself. I'm ttc and have no kids of my own BUT I find that pregnant woman are beautiful and I can't wait to experience it myself. Yes I know it will be hard I understand that and yes I understand I'll have days where I'll feel gross. But like everyone has said, remind yourself that you have a precious beautiful baby growing inside of you, and that this doesn't last forever. And if you can afford it treat yourself to a girl day and get your nails done, or your hair. Get a pedicure and have your arms, feet, legs massaged that might help cheer you up and make you feel worlds better. Good luck and remember, you are beautiful.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 7:53 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• thanks everyonee :)
    aliciamarie1012

Comment by aliciamarie1012 (original poster) at 7:14 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I'm with you. I am 29weeks and I feel.....Huge. Nothing fits, I'm swollen and sore, I feel tired all the time. I constantly have to pee. Every girl I know is taller than me and tiny so I am just uncomfortable with myself most all the time. I dont like the way I look in anything. I'm worried about getting my body back and all the work it is going to take. I'm due in Nov. its going to be cold so I'll be going to A gym I guess. But I think we are really just worried. My cousin just had a baby 2 months ago, and we have had several honest talks about the weight loss issue. She gained like 50 lbs with this pregnancy which was alot. She works out and eats healthy but I think she has already lost like 30lbs and she had a c-section so she wasnt really allowed to do any type of workout for the first 5 or 6 weeks. She still has a belly but its well on its way gone. So I'm sure theres hope. We'll get our bodies back. :)
    csmomma2010

Answer by csmomma2010 at 3:10 AM on Aug. 18, 2010