How long do you need to wait? adult content

I had my baby via Vaginal delivery, 3 weeks ago today. I tore so i had stitches and i am wondering how long to wait before having sex, and taking a bath.

kaydee8

Asked by kaydee8 at 6:22 PM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I would wait until the Dr okay's it, so you don't have an infection.
    queen.bee

Answer by queen.bee at 6:23 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• i think it was two weeks. the doctor should have told you it varies from person to person
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 6:23 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• You are supposed to wait 6 weeks to have sex or until you go to your post-partum check up and get the ok. As for taking a bath.. I would wait til you are pretty healed so you don't risk infection.
    TilmannsGirl

Answer by TilmannsGirl at 6:24 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I don't know why you couldn't take a bath, I've never heard to wait for that. But you should wait until you have your stitches checked out by a doctor before you try sex. Otherwise you could risk tearing again or infection.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:24 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• In all honesty I would wait until your OB ok's it. In other words your six week follow -up. I know some who have done it before then, but with stitches and all I wouldn't want to risk ripping again or an infection.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:24 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Oh, but the bath should be fine now and can promote healing around the stitches. As hot as you are comfortable with.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:25 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• i would wait until the doc appt ur 6 week check up
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 6:27 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Eeep... just reading that sounds so painful I don't think I could even THINK about sex at that point.
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 6:28 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Being that you had stitches, my answer would be once the doctor says that you are okay for sex. After having my first child vaginally, I tore, and had stitches and was terrified of having sex that I would mess something up down there. So I waited for the doctor to give me the okay.
    dakajazz23

Answer by dakajazz23 at 6:30 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Check with the OB about the bath too though. I think I remember something about the water level and keeping it kind of low. I do remember the sitz baths though when I had stitches in that area.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:33 PM on Aug. 10, 2010