Does anyone have any suggestions for meals for an 18 month old and a 3 year old?

I'm starting to get a little bored of the same old meals. Not sure how many things my almost 3 year old will try but i would be nice to get some variety.

Cotemommy

Asked by Cotemommy at 6:29 PM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• we had meatloaf tonight, my dd is 21 months old and she loves it....if you want i can send you the recipe for it!
    mommylisar

Answer by mommylisar at 6:32 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• My 19 month old eats whatever I do and has (more or less) since she started eating solids. Granted in the beginning she'd eat what I was eating after it'd been mashed or through the blender.
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 6:33 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Find something that sounds good to YOU and serve it up!
    coder_chick

• I will have to give meat loaf a try. With my oldest daughter she has gotten into the it looks different so it is yucky phase. :) Lots of fun.
    Cotemommy

Comment by Cotemommy (original poster) at 6:39 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Just make what you like and have them try it
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 6:45 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• My 20 month old loves any type of pasta. Cheese ravioli is a favorite, and he loves pasta salad made with rotini pasta (the twirly noodles), italian dressing, cucumbers, tomatoes, and black olives.

Answer by missanc at 7:46 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• That sounds really good. I'll have to try the pasta salad. For sure my youngest would eat it. Thank you
    Cotemommy

Comment by Cotemommy (original poster) at 8:02 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• heres a bump GL
    san78

Answer by san78 at 7:43 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• When my oldest hit 18months, he was really fascinated with pasta. Organic sauces and whole grain noddles will feed them and keep them interested in their food. My four year old son, he's a little different. He likes green veggies, and sandwiches minus the bread. He likes the meat rolled around a half of a piece of cheese and he's good to go. Both of my son's are very found of soups, too much salty ones are not good for them tho. Fun snacks, carrots and ranch, celery and peanut butter, mac n cheese; you really kind of have to explore their taste buds first and then you will become more aware of the things they want to eat.
    escavizo

Answer by escavizo at 6:30 PM on Jan. 3, 2011