I'm sure this is a stupid question, but this is new to me. Birth control and pregnancy?

I was on the pill for a year and just switched to the shot 2 weeks ago to see if it helped with my moods or headaches or anything. The night before, I had sex without a condom. I don't recall missing any pills recently, and I wasn't on antibiotics (though I was about 2 months ago for about a week). When I got the shot, I was starting my last week of "real" pills and they made it sound like I would have my period at the regular time this month, but it may change later. Well, I still haven't gotten my period, but I've had the PMS symptoms, like when I was pregnant.

Is this normal? Should I get a test or just wait til next month to see what happens with my period? I know I must sound so stupid, and these kinds of things are asked all the time. I'm not extremely worried, just wondering if this is normal for the shot or if it could be early pregnancy symptoms.

Thanks ladies!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:40 PM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• it could just be your body adjusting to the new birth control. it can cause your periods to be late or not come at all for a while. i would take a test just to be sure though. and maybe call the doctor who gave you the shot and tell them what's going on.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 6:50 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I dont really understand the problem. Anytime you start a new birth control schedule or type you will have change in your period. I would wait. If you are late 2 or 3 weeks then get a home pregnancy test. No big deal...just give it some time.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 6:42 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Oh, and no question is stupid if you sincerely dont know the answer. :)
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 6:43 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• The only reason I was at all curious is because they made it sound like things would be normal this month because it would take about a week to get into my system and so I should have had a day or two of bleeding, like normal, but next month and October may be off or non-existent.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:45 PM on Aug. 10, 2010