What are some fun creative ways to tell your parents you are pregnant? Share your stories please.

I am planning on getting pregnant in the next month. I have never planned a baby before. This is the first time that I will have a baby that is not an ooops. I want this to be special because this may be my last child. I want to surprise my the parents and in laws. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

tinaandavasmom

Asked by tinaandavasmom at 6:40 PM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• We told about our second pregnancy with our daughter wearing a shirt that said "I'm going to be a big sister."
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 6:45 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• send balloons 1 that says its a girl 1 that says its a boy
    queen.bee

Answer by queen.bee at 6:46 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I made two signs. One said "We're getting a new sister!" and the other said "or brother!" and then I put them around my two dogs' necks and took a picture of them surrounded by all their toys. Then I went to shutterfly and had cards made up with the picture on the cover, on the inside it said something like

Birthdate: August 4, 2009 plus or minus two weeks
    Weight: 0.4 ounces (for now)
    Length: 1.2 inches and growing

Happy New Year Grandma & Grandpa!

Then I had shutterfly mail them for us and we just waited for the phone calls. That weight and length I just made up, but for the actual cards, I looked up the approximate measurements for how far along I was at that time.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 6:50 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• For my first I announced it on Father's day at my parent's house...I bought a pair of pink booties and blue booties, then connected one pink with one blue for each, put them in a box with a note that read, "I'm not sure which color to wear on my feet in January when we finally get to meet!" It took my dad a few minutes to figure it out, but my mom was on her feet screaming within seconds =) For my 2nd we showed up with my daughter wearing a "big sister in training" t-shirt =) GL!
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 7:01 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• You could get a card from the baby and say "I cant wait to meet my grandparents"
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 7:10 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Took our parents out do dinner at a Chinese restaurant, and had the waitress switch out the fortune cookies with some special ones that we had made. When they opened their fortune cookies each one announced it in a slightly different way:

good things come in small packages
    prepare for a new arrival in September
    you shall have a new title in September (implying of course grandparent)

There was one more I can't remember. It was funny watching them put it all together.....
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 7:23 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Wow such good ideas!! I love them!!! Keep em coming
    tinaandavasmom

Comment by tinaandavasmom (original poster) at 7:28 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I wrapped the pregnancy test with the positive result in a small gift box. When I handed it to her, she said "what's this?" and I told her it was something she'd been wanting for a long time. She was kinda baffled at first but then it hit her and she went nuts!
    ramawin

Answer by ramawin at 8:39 PM on Aug. 10, 2010