Frustrated!

Today i didn't know whether i was coming or going. it was such a bad day for me. Im a stay at home mom with a 10 month old. I was so aggravated and at one point took it out on my son. I grabbed him really hard and turned him around to look at me. I was so mean. Now i feel guilty. I just couldnt get a grip on myself today. I feel so bad.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:42 PM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Dont feel guilty. We have all snapped..lol..Just take it as a lesson and find ways to calm yourself. being a SAHM is very hard work.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 6:43 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• You should apologize to your son even if he is only 10 months old he wont understand but it may help you feel better
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 6:43 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• When I start to feel frustrated, I put my son in his crib and walk away. He's safe in there, and I'll let him cry for a couple minutes while I calm down. That way, I don't have the urge to hurt him, and we both get a break from each other. Being a SAHM is a difficult job. We just have to learn to treat our babies the way we'd want to be treated.
    kathria

Answer by kathria at 6:48 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Now that you know you have a breaking point, as we all do. Next time take a step back and just calm down.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 6:51 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• It happens..
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 6:51 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• we all have our days! Next time you feel like you're going to burst, step outside for a time out! Give your child a hug and kiss and play with some toys together! I give myself a time out everyday lol
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 7:01 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• When you reach that point, put your son in his crib or playpen, go make a cup of tea or coffee go outside and drink. Or call a friend to watch him and go on a walk. Mommies need breathers too!
    browningmom

Answer by browningmom at 7:02 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• i agree, being a SAHM is the hardest job in the world. i loose it almost daily. i alway apolojize to make me feel better. my problem is, i dont take enouth time for myself. i have a 5 year old girl, a 2 1/2 year old girl and a 4 month old nursing boy so i am always holding, nursing or doing something for them. VERY STRESSFUL!!!! sometimes i forget that ALL moms loose it with there kids. hang in there.
    VDietrich

Answer by VDietrich at 8:56 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Give your son lots of hugs and loves. He may not understand why but will appreciate it all the same. It'll make you feel better! We all have slight lapses in judgement. Use this as a learning experience! SAHMs have a hard time, trust me I know since I'm one too!
    JoyfulSurprise

Answer by JoyfulSurprise at 12:42 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I don't know where you live, but if you begin to feel like you're loosing it, buckle him into his stroller and walk out in the fresh air for a while. I go jogging every other day at a local park with my 10 month old in tow, and it clears my head. . . even my dh noticed the difference in my mood the other day, he asked me "can you go running every day, you're in such a good mood!!" . . . . it's a great stress reliever, something about the sunshine, you just have to relax. . . and he's all buckled in, so he's safe and you're able to just think for a little while. . . good luck. . .
    Jennifina

Answer by Jennifina at 1:06 PM on Aug. 11, 2010