JW & Jesus

Why close the other thread if what you believe is true? What are you afraid of? It was said "Jehovah's Witnesses do believe in Jesus Christ" No one said JW do not believe in Jesus or his resurrection. What WAS said was that JW beleifs about Jesus and his resurrection differ from biblical, historical Christianity. See the difference? The Watchtower Society claims that Jesus did not raise His physical human body, but rather an invisible spirit—the archangel Michael. Biblical, Historical Christianity says Jesus raised His human body of “flesh and bones.”

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Oct. 6, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Jesus of Jehovah’s Witnesses
    Son of God, but not God Himself
    Created Archangel Michael
    Resurrected Spirit; Human No Longer
    Invisible Presence Began in 1914
    Not to Receive Worship or Prayer

Jesus of the Bible (aka biblical, historical Christianity)
    God the Son: Fully God and Man
    Non-Created
    Resurrected God-Man
    Future Physical, Visible Coming
    Worthy of Worship and Prayer

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• really why do everyone make the biggest deals about JW morons and catholics on here do we have nothing better to do then question those belifes really grow up
    Anonymous

• These are critical differences between JW beliefs and biblical, historical Christianity.

More: Jehovah’s Witness VS Christian Doctrine Comparison Chart

Look up the scriptures for yourself. If they are incorrect, prove it.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Anon 11:30am - This is a Q&A section right? Since when is it wrong to question or challenge another's beliefs? I'm a Christian and I TELL people to question and challenge my beliefs. If we're not challenged and questioned how do we grow and learn? I LOVE people challenging me, it makes me really look hard at what I believe and why I believe it. I have not been rude. I'm being very matter of fact though. I think ALL people need to scrutinize what they believe. If we don't, we're likely to fall for anything (that goes for everyone in every belief system). Scripture tells us we should be ready to give an answer at anytime. If JW believe they are Christian, shouldn't this apply to them too?
    Anonymous

• they dont just question they want to bash and its just all stupidity i swear people on here act like children i bet there children behave better then them
    Anonymous

• Who's bashing? I'm not. I'm questioning the hard questionings. These are facts. As I said critical differences between JW beliefs and biblical, historical Christianity. I hold up ANY religion and church that claim to be Christian to the same rigorous exam. I believe this is the way we know truth from falsehoods, scrutinizing the beliefs within them.
    Anonymous

• JWs DO believe that Jesus was raised as a physical person... For 3 days! Once again I really wish people would look up some beliefs before you start makeing things up...

I was rased JW... as I'm sure you all know I'm not now... But I know thier beliefs well...

Maybe this will help with your question...
    http://www.watchtower.org/e/20010315/article_01.htm

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:34 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• …in his resurrection he ‘became a life-giving spirit.’ That was why for most of the time he was invisible to his faithful apostles… He needs no human body any longer… The human body of flesh, which Jesus Christ laid down forever as a ransom sacrifice, was disposed of by God’s power.”—“Things in Which it is Impossible for God to Lie,” pp. 332, 354

“So the evidence indicates that the Son of God was known as Michael before he came to earth and is known also by that name since his return to heaven where he resides as the glorified spirit Son of God.”—Reasoning from the Scriptures, 1985, 1989, p. 218

Anonymous

• “War broke out in heaven: Michael [who is the resurrected Jesus Christ] and his angels battled with the dragon… Having given up his flesh for the life of the world, Christ could never take it again and become a man once more. However, many persons believe that Christ took his fleshly body to heaven. They point to the fact that when Christ was raised from the dead, his fleshly body was no longer in the tomb. (Mark 16:5-7) Also, after his death Jesus appeared to his disciples in a fleshly body to show them that he was alive… Does this not prove that Christ was raised alive in the same body in which he was put to death? No, it does not. The Bible is very clear when it says: “Christ died once for all time concerning sins... he being put to death in the flesh, but being made alive in the spirit.” (1 Peter 3:18) (continued...)

Anonymous

• Humans with flesh-and-blood bodies cannot live in heaven… Only spirit persons with spiritual bodies can live in heaven… Well, then, what happened to Jesus’ fleshly body? Did not the disciples find his tomb empty? They did, because God removed Jesus’ body But since the apostle Thomas was able to put his hand into the hole in Jesus’ side, does that not show that Jesus was raised from the dead in the same body that was nailed to the stake? No, for Jesus simply materialized or took on a fleshly body, as angels had done in the past…While Jesus appeared to Thomas in a body similar to the one in which He was put to death, He also took on different bodies when appearing to His followers. (continued..)

Anonymous