thinking of moving to oregon, anyone been?? whats it like there??

ive lived in arizona all my life, we are thinking of moving near the ocean abd thought oregon would be a great bet. what do you think?

sha-sha138

Asked by sha-sha138 at 7:01 PM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Travel

• i've never been but i have heard wonderful things!
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 7:03 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Think RAIN...lots and lots of rain.
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 7:04 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• My husband and I are planning on him transferring within his company in a couple years to Oregon. The Portland area. It's gorgeous there.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 7:04 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• The rain is more like a steady sprinkle, not like rain showers like you may be thinking.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 7:05 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• we love the rain, i dont think that would be a problem. i guess i am maybe more scared to leave "home". especially for a place i have never been. LOL
    sha-sha138

Comment by sha-sha138 (original poster) at 7:08 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I vacationed in Portland. It is wonderful! Beautiful, temperate, and the people are all very friendly. We'd actually love to move there ourselves.
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 7:08 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Yes, be prepared for rain. Portland is a great city. Coastal Oregon is pretty but I don't think there are a lot of employment opportunities. I grew up in the Pacific Northwest and it is a totally different culture than Arizona (my kids were born in AZ).
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:09 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• different culture??? how do you mean?
    sha-sha138

Comment by sha-sha138 (original poster) at 7:11 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I live in Portland,Oregon.& I've lived in Rockaway too which is a coastal town.You would love it here.I promise you, you really would.I know some people who commute to their jobs from the coast. It's not too far from city life.My suggestion is maybe taking some time & visit us & see how you like us. : )
    bvannkissy

Answer by bvannkissy at 7:25 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I saw something that said Portland was rated the best city to live in the US. Too much rain for me.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 7:28 PM on Aug. 10, 2010