Do you have a good relationship with your mom? do you wish you did?

I love my parents but we hardly ever talk. We talk every two weeks if that and when we do we do not talk about much. I wish I had a better relationship with my mom ( like girlfriends) Any ideas to make our relationship click a little better. I am 31 and she is 62.

allmomma

Asked by allmomma at 7:14 PM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• I have a pretty good relationship with my mom. I mean we don't talk everyday. But I know if I need help or anything she's always there. Maybe you should call her more, just to say hi or update her one things that happening.
    charmd18

Answer by charmd18 at 7:20 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Yes I have a very good relationship with my mother.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 7:22 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Yes, I do - with both my mom and my MIL.

It's a 2 way street - if you're wanting more, then call her more often or invite her to lunch. If you're wanting more depth to the conversation, initiate that and see where it takes you. All you can do is try - but sitting back waiting for her to try is pretty senseless - she may not be noticing the same things you're feeling.
    Gaccck

Answer by Gaccck at 7:26 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I do have a great relationship with my mom...sometimes I wish I didn't..she drives me nuts!
    ckap4707

Answer by ckap4707 at 7:34 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I never knew m y mother! I wish I had one! When I found her I was 19 & Pregnant. She was 46 & dying of breast cancer. I didn't get to tell her the news! She never knew. I never saw her after that day in her hospital room. I never knew my history, who's my dad or if I had Family! So all I ever had for family is my DH & my own DD's! Now I have Breast Cancer!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 7:37 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I use to have a good relationship with my mom, until my parents divorced. She decided she didn't want to be a mom or a grandmother to me or my children (she had no problem doing this for my brother and his family), so I stopped talking to her. I see her occassionally at my brothers for holiday's but don't go out of my way. I know she is hurt because my kids don't ever care to see her and I rarely talk to her. I have no interest in making it work.
    That being said I have offered her to stay with me for a few weeks while she got back on her feet, after my brother and his family were evicted from his town house (my mom lives with them), but she chose him over me. She decided it would be less expensive to live there and pay $300 rent after I told her she could stay here for free...so I tried.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 7:49 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I have a more friend type relationship with my mom. But we had a very stressfull relationship till I was 21. Just try talking to her and tell her how you feel. Good luck.
    zadesmom1998

Answer by zadesmom1998 at 7:51 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Go play Bingo with her.Go to church with her.Go to lunch with her.Go somewhere with just her for a week-end.Go to a movie with her.Be happy that she is still here.My mom died of lung cancer 18 yrs.ago. She was 52.I'd give anything to have her back.
    bvannkissy

Answer by bvannkissy at 7:52 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• No I dont but I wish I did.....she isn't a good person or mother, sucks.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 10:07 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I wish I had a closer relationship with my mom. When we're together it's generally good. But she just does not make enough time for me. She will go to church multiple times a week and all, but I will see her once every few months or so. And she lives close by so It has me thinking what can be done. I do not even talk to my father so that is part of the strain.

SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 10:11 PM on Aug. 10, 2010