Did you nurse your twins successfully?

I am having twins in October, and I doing research on nursing twins successfully. I nursed my 2 year old son until he was 8 months old. I can't find a class on nursing twins but i want more info on the "how-to's" before they arrive. Did you nurse your twins successfully?

LBD3910

Asked by LBD3910 at 7:21 PM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• nope. But, if you've already succeeded with your first that should help.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 7:23 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• We had friends who had twins. They got up together and the DH fed one with a bottle and the mom nursed the other. Next feeding they switched. Just one idea................
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:35 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I know several moms who exclusively breastfeed twins for over a year. Ones who were premiees who spent time in the NICU had a harder go of it, but stuck it out and did fine. I have another friend who went full term and didn't miss a beat nursing her two exclusively. I highly recommend the book Mothering Multiples by by Karen Kerkhoff Gromada . Lots of really great info on preparing for an breastfeeding twins (including dealing with premies).
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 9:05 PM on Aug. 10, 2010