so what if my kids went to bed an hour early?? they needed it!

I live with family, until we're get back on our feet. so, my ds shares a room with my brother, my dd shares a room with my sister. the kids were driving me CRAZY today, ds didn't take a nap, and dd isn't feeling well, they've been fighting all day, not listening, ect. these are the days my kids go to bed early. it's been a while since we had one. so, i get them ready for bed. i sent them upstairs right before me, they were up there for maybe 1 minute before i got there. i'm on my way up when i hear my bro and sis complain that they were up there, asking why they were, ect. i said because it's bedtime. they said 'no it's not, it's 7pm'. i said " it's bedtime because i said it's bedtime, THAT'S WHY" i've been so ticked off today, and with them, they ALWAYS complain, even though i cook, clean, and i only ask a few things from them. besides, they were in their moms room! they had locked their doors so they couldnt' get in. cont...

armywife43

Asked by armywife43 at 7:34 PM on Aug. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• That's funny. I put my kids to bed an hour early tonight too. You're not alone. Its been one of those days for me as well. Sometimes as moms we need that extra hour. If not we might really pull our hair out. Lol
    ashleys2girls

Answer by ashleys2girls at 7:38 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Then, after i get him to unlock his door, he complains that my son gets every room anytime he wants! WHAT?? they're NOT ALLOWED upstairs except when I'm giving them a bath and when i'm putting them to bed/nap. that's it. every day, all day, they are DOWNSTAIRS. i do this so they don't get into things they aren't supposed to, i can keep an eye on them, and i don't have to hear them complain about my kids bothering them.
    they choose to stay in their mothers room (she's at work all day) to watch tv. they're 15 and 11. normally, i try to get the kids out of the house,so we're all out of each other hair, and when i get home, the kids are ready to go to bed either right away or after dinner. no hassle.
    now they're complaining that i always change their bedtimes. they go to bed at 8pm every night. sometimes i give them a break in the summer, let them stay up later, but those days, we're not here, it's cuz we take them out late
    armywife43

Comment by armywife43 (original poster) at 7:40 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• and it's not just them complaining either. their mom is too. she came home today, they instantly cried to her, and she fussed that we put them down early. i'm sorry, was she here all day? um, no. if she were, and had to change 3 diareah diapers, delt with 2 fussy kids, that were fighting, and not listening at all, ALL DAY then tell me she wouldn't do the same. ugh it's just so frustrating!
    armywife43

Comment by armywife43 (original poster) at 7:44 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• They're 11 and 15. It must really suck for them, to have to share their rooms like this. I understand why they're complaining.

But you did just fine - if your kids are acting up, it's ok to send them to bed early.
    Gaccck

Answer by Gaccck at 7:45 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• what you did was fine- if things arent working out is there possibly a gov. funded housing available in your area (with the lack of understanding of your LO's needs I would be out of there ASAP)! GL momma! hope you can get on your feet soon for ya'lls sanity!
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 7:53 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I have done with my son...Good luck Mom!
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 8:03 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I'm tempted pretty much everyday to put my daughter to bed early! She is DEFINITELY two! You did just fine.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 9:12 PM on Aug. 10, 2010