Do your family annoys you? adult content

Just because their family does not mean they know better or you should take their advice.
How to tell a family member to back off? With out hurting their feelings.
Feel free to vent your own story or opinion.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:37 PM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• Does my family annoy me? Not often, but every once in a while, yes.
    How do you tell a family member to back off without hurting their feelings? Respectfully
    Just because they're family doesn't mean they know better? No, it doesn't mean they know better.
    Or you should take their advice? No, but it does mean that they're likely offering their advice because they're trying to help. It doesn't hurt to consider their advice and then make your own decision.
    Gaccck

Answer by Gaccck at 7:42 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Oh hinny my step grand was always babying my little step bros and now there 18 and don't know how to cook or let alone make a friggrn begle lol now they live with her lol if I were you put your foot down and say no more
    jmcwilly

Answer by jmcwilly at 7:43 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I just flat out tell everyone that they are my kids, and my husband and I will do what WE think is best for them.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 7:47 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• you've no idea...i just vented about it though. the one time i want to put them to bed early, and they complain as if i'm doing it just to ruin their lives. gggrrr
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 7:50 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Yes my mom works my nerve she calls 3 times an sumtimes more a day jus to tell me how to disipline my kids...and the thing that irritates me is all the stuff she sayin I'm already doin!! An then she tells me "well ur doin it wrong then!" Sumtimes she even tries to tell me what to do with my husband!! She is out of control!! Neway after sum time of her frustrating me I jus let her have it, I didn't whole back I jus told her how I felt. After that she did stop callin an giving her opinion for a LIL while but she still has no problem expressin herself. Now when she's really workin my nerve I jus let her talk (take the phone away from my ear) *don't tell nobody lol* an she realizes I'm not sayin nething so she will change the subject or say "bye." Jus gotta accept how ppl are I know my mom is very opinionated so since I can beat her...
    mUstBdeStiny08

Answer by mUstBdeStiny08 at 7:54 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• It's happened before and I'm sure will again. I typically ignore unsolicited advice. If I'm not asking for it, I'm not looking to change things. If it keeps up, I say civilly that we do what is best for our children and thanks for the advice but we're doing fine.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 7:56 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Yes my family annoys me.My niece comes before my DD with my Mom and that just pisses me off. My mom doesn't offer unsolicited advice but my SO's mom does. She keeps telling me that we have to be creative with punishment b/c our DD is so bright, but why do I need to fix what isn't broken. What we are doing is working and working well. GRRR
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:17 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Yes, my family annoys me when they want money. I tell them what I have to tell them and be done with it.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 8:20 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• NO my family are psychos and bigots. No joke they hate colored people, gays, non religious. Well at least my grams aunt, and mom , dad. Which is probably there biggest problem with me. I stand up for every thing they hate/ They think my dd should go to church, I say not until she is old enough to choice. They think dd should covert I say only if he wants. They say the country should be one religion I say stick it up their ass. Though they do have few good things to offer, a majority of what they say goes against every thing I believe in. Just cause they are my family does not mean we have to agree or that I have to listen to every single piece of advise they give me.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 7:49 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• You CANT do it without hurting feelings so just DO IT. Get it over with. Dont let it nag you. Tell them as nicely as you can and let the chips fall where they may.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:20 PM on Aug. 16, 2010