coloring or perming hair?

can you do both?
if you color your hair long should u wait before you perm?
and after you perm it can u dye it reguarly like ever 3 months or so?

as you can tell im clueless here but want a new look.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:08 PM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• you can do both..

however not in the same day.. at least I would never do that to a client.. I would typically do the perm first, then the color.. because pending on the color the perm can alter the shades.... I'll never forget this client I had when I was in school, who had done at home coloring (box), and came in for a perm.. she had red red hair color.. the perm altered the color to a soft strawberry blond. I freaked and was so afraid to even tell her.. and when I finally did she laughed and says it happens every time.

so yeah.. definitely perm first, then color.. you have to wait at LEAST 48 hours after the perm to color your hair because you can't shampoo for 48 hours after a perm anyways.. (another reason why I wouldn't do it all in one day).

any questions feel free to pm me.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:12 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• You should wait till after the perm to color, at least 2 wks or a month. If you color first the perm will strip the color out. Also, don't wash your hair for 48hrs. after either, it will hold longer. If you color regularly after a perm, make sure you use shampoo/cond. for colored/permed hair. Hot oil treatments also help it from drying out.
    ramawin

Answer by ramawin at 8:16 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Perm
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 8:12 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I didn;t know people still got perms, but they can look pretty. bump.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 8:13 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• You can do both, but not at the same time. Both processes do a number on your hair, so pick which one you want first, then wait a few weeks before you do the other. Make sure you do have a very wise hair salon. You do not want to go bald.

Joeygoat

Answer by Joeygoat at 8:15 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• what ramawin said ;)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:23 PM on Aug. 10, 2010