If you give your teen daughter condoms and/or other forms of birth control, and they STILL get pregnant, would you be LESS UPSET than if she got pregnant while engaging in unprotected sex?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:19 PM on Aug. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• If my teen daughter thinks she is grown enough to be having sex without taking care of not getting pregnant then she better be grown up enough to handle the situation....
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 9:09 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• If my teen daughter got pregnant I wouldn't be upset in the first place. What would that help? I would however be disappointed if she wasn't using the protection after we discussed it and provided it to her... But I wouldn't be more or less upset over the pregnancy itself. Babies are just a part of life, and frankly, getting upset wouldn't change anything.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:33 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I guess but the entire thing would upset me. On one hand I would be upset she was having sex and there was going to be a baby but on the other hand she used enough of her head to use protection... Nothing works 100% except no sex

HolliBerry21

Answer by HolliBerry21 at 8:22 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• No. Birth control can fail. She knows what can happen when you have sex and what will happen if she gets pregnant.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:33 PM on Aug. 10, 2010