Do you watch True Blood on HBO?

Any one notice all the guy on guy sex going on lately? My husband and I love that show, and watch it every week. He gets a bit squeemish when guys start kissing guys, but it doesn't bother me at all. It's not exactly what turns me on, but I love that HBO isn't afraid to show it.

Should more shows on TV be showing gay couples and their lifestyles, even though it makes some people uncomfortable?

my2.5boys

Asked by my2.5boys at 8:22 PM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Entertainment

• My husband hides his face like a baby when the gay scenes come on, I don't. I don't mind these scenes so much in True Blood. I know it's a sexual, vampire, made-for-adults TV show. What bothers me is when gay couples are shown in "loving" ways during prime time tv. I should be able to choose when my 6 and 8 yr olds are subjected to gay kissing. I just had to explain homosexuality to my youngest. I'm not saying it's wrong or right but I feel it's inappropriate for my kids to witness.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 8:26 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Yeah I love that show too!! An it doesn't bother me with so many gays and lesbians today I don't really see what the problem is. Its a big part of society so ppl should really jus get use to it. More ppl sure be comfortable with their own sexuality instead of worrying about others!!!
    mUstBdeStiny08

Answer by mUstBdeStiny08 at 8:29 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• HBO represents all types of relationships in their shows and I applaud them. They're not afraid of offending anyone. Homosexuality is part of today's society, television does sensationalize the issue, but if it weren't for television, would the issue ever have been addressed in the first place? I do think more shows should be represent the gay community - why not? Just because someone is uncomfortable or might be offended? Too bad - life's short - worry about something else besides your neighbor's bedroom.

I love True Blood - watch it every week!
    mpeada

Answer by mpeada at 9:37 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• No.I don't have HBO. But I really don't think I would watch that anyway. Not into vampires and gay kissing. They can do whatever they want but I don't want to watch it on TV or in real life. I am all for equality and I think Gays should be able to love each other but I don't need to see it. ANd Vampires Are NOT sexy..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:01 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Orionsgirl, do you feel the same way about heterosexual couples being shown in a "loving way" on prime time? For me, it's just people loving other people, and I see no reason to distinguish between them. My boys are 4 and 6, and we've talked about all aspects of life, including homosexuality. Either they will be gay, or they will be straight, and the age at which they see two men or two women being "loving" towards each other isn't going to change who they are, or who they will be. But it will go a long way into improving tolerance for all people.
    my2.5boys

Comment by my2.5boys (original poster) at 10:06 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I love True Blood. The only gay scene that bothered me was the one with Eric and Talbot. But only because Eric is mine and should not be kissing anyone. LOL
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 10:41 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• well when eric northman was seducing that handsome vampire guy i was like oh no honey he is mine (LOL) but suprisingly enough eric still looked hot and i still want him :)
    sunflower39346

Answer by sunflower39346 at 6:42 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I love true blood! My boyfriend does the exact same thing but it doesn't bother me at all. I think more shows should show it. I don't think its wrong or anything. It should be embraced.
    Tab2

Answer by Tab2 at 11:05 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Love it! And those scenes don't bother me. Any time Eric is nakee its ok in my book LOL!
    FrenchGrey

Answer by FrenchGrey at 4:24 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Doesn't bother me. That's the way life is so why not. I just love the show, just started watching this year, was down from surgery so I caught up with season 1& 2 beore this season started. It's just something different for a change.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 9:26 PM on Aug. 11, 2010