What do you Christian sisters think about saying "Good Luck" ?

As Christians aren't we supposed to not believe in luck, but to put our faith in Gods hands?

And what would be an alternative sentence WE could use? "I hope for the best?"

Nynne

Asked by Nynne at 8:23 PM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'm Not Christian. But when we were growing up we were never allowed to say "good luck" we had to say "do your best" or "pray for the best"

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:25 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I think it's fine because it's just a saying and has nothing to do with what I believe. It's a nice way of telling the person you want good things for them regardless of what they believe.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 8:26 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I try not to use it, but that"s just me.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 8:32 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I only use it when I'm speaking with people that I know that aren't of faith or people that I don't know well.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 8:39 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I honestly don't really see how saying that is harmful...it's just another way of saying I hope things'll go well for you.
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 8:46 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I don't really think there is any harm in saying "Good Luck"

I am catholic and many times I have heard priests say "Wish me luck" when they were heading out on a journey or a theological study.

I guess if you really want to be hard core, you could tell someone to "Have faith" or "Keep the faith", but for me, I see no harm in wishing someone "Good Luck"
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 8:54 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• i see no problem with it. i often use it when i dont know a person well enough to know their views on faith or when "i'll be praying for you" may come off as snotty or belittling. to me saying "good luck" means the same as "may God smile on you" or "hoping for the best". i dont see "good luck" as meaning anything against God as luck could possibly be God for all i know.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 9:23 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I don't think there is anything wrong with a Christian saying, "good luck".
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 9:24 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Thee really is a lot of luck involved in what happens to us. I don't think it is so bad to say "Good luck".
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 9:59 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• i agree with sabrinambowen. sometimes i'll say, hope or pray that everything goes well.
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 11:44 PM on Aug. 10, 2010