just another vent adult content

im scared out of my mind that my ex is going to get custody of my daughter and to be honest if i didnt know the situation i would grant him custody based on what the gal report said. what can i do? im a good mother. i am proving that more and more every day. i admit i made some really bad choices in the past and i regret them and wish i could take them back. i used to try to blame them on other people but its time i grow up and take responsibility so i will confess here.

I used to give my son showers as a punishment because i knew he hated them and to be honest looking back it was like torture.

I locked him in his room all day because i couldnt deal with all the emotions i was feeling.

At the time i was severely depressed and extremely anemic. I know that those dont excuse what i did but i just couldnt control myself. i blamed my ex because he was extremely harsh and i felt i needed to live up to him (continued)

mommy06and09

Asked by mommy06and09 at 8:24 PM on Aug. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• even pass his harshness so my son knew i was boss (not my ex's son) then i made my ex play daddy when we were around others because i wanted my son to feel as if he was daddy. the expereince was not good for anyone and i have truely changed and i have even taken two parenting classes and im in counseling and so is my son. i plan to continue my parenting classes and counseling and hope that everything works out for the best... whatever that is. i just really needed to vent.

oh and my ex was phyically and abusive as well athough there is no report of that because on top everything else i abandonded my family t be with him. so it was my word againt his entire family... and my family said i was too controllin over my son.
    mommy06and09

Comment by mommy06and09 (original poster) at 8:27 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• isn't this a better journal idea than a question?? No real comment but try your best to do better..They are only small once and you want him to have good memories of his childhood.
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 8:35 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• man hill is so full of useful advice.. hmm .... anywho... poster i wish you the best of luck, we all learn from our past mistakes and im glad you have changed and are better for your child :) i wish you the best of luck!
    oppsdiditagain

Answer by oppsdiditagain at 8:44 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• you sound horrible and its great that you can admit it and everything but yes it sounds like your kids need to be in a safer place. so if the ex can proivide that then at least help ur kids in that aspect
    miritrose

Answer by miritrose at 11:44 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• sorry, but i agree with miritrose! You seem to be very sociopathic! I tink the child is better with the father, and there is no excuse for abuse, but you seem to be not so credible as far as that goes! You need to continue on your road to recovery, but you should only have supervised visits! I would have taken that child from you, if i would have seen that! My hubby and i are having #5 and if i can handle 5 while my hubby deploys, you can grow up , and not be cruel to 1!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 3:39 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• thank you jolee 12345
    miritrose

Answer by miritrose at 10:12 PM on Aug. 11, 2010