Parents who bring their sick kids to functions or your home....

What's your thoughts on this? What do you think when you try to go to a place with childcare (such as YMCA, church, etc) and in comes the lady with her kid that's hacking or has green snot hanging out his nose? Or when your friend comes over to visit and her child is choking on his flem? And then proceeds to hold your newborn and let her child sit on her lap with face 2" from baby's. ***krrrhggghhkrrrrhggg*** sound from kid;) haha

Just a note: I would not allow this now, but it has happened in the past.

thelowlander

Asked by thelowlander at 8:29 PM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• I think it's extremely rude and that parents need to keep their sick kids home. It's not good for their kids or anyone else's to have them out.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 9:17 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• It amazes me that some people just don't think that these new babies can catch anything. I still think babies should not have visitors until they are several weeks old. I know everyone wants to see the new baby, but there is no way to know what someone has touched or carried into the nursery.

Joeygoat

Answer by Joeygoat at 8:36 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• My sister is the worst! She just went to see her step son's baby that was less then 6 hours old, when she had the stomach flu the day before.
    I hate it and think it is severely crappy! When we are sick, we stay home.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:32 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• well ive brought my dd out and she wasn't sick but was teething so had a runny nose and a slight cough and 3 teeth coming in, but i figure a cold is a cold not end of world if they get it, but not always do you know if its sick or allergies or teething
    oppsdiditagain

Answer by oppsdiditagain at 8:31 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I know it's a sickness after whatever excuse they gave......when we get it. All the same symptoms
    thelowlander

Comment by thelowlander (original poster) at 8:34 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• inconsiderate
    devo3

Answer by devo3 at 8:40 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• , i brought my dd out at 2 days old to the family xmas party she was held by many, and now at 20 months has had like 2 colds and they both were small little head colds, and she has been around sick kids as well, idk , i mean if she had a fever and was horrid sick.. ya i wouldnt bring her out mainly cause she needs to rest more then anything
    oppsdiditagain

Answer by oppsdiditagain at 8:48 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• if no green snot and no fever (would ask) I wouldnt care-it builds my kids immune systems up.
    momto3infl

Answer by momto3infl at 11:04 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Having a child that's currently going on 2 weeks of total snot-fest, I will say this - you can't always assume you know what's going on based on what you see. For example, my son has been on antibiotics for the last 5 days now and has been cleared by his peditrician to go out into the world of the living again. I wouldn't bring him to visit my friend's new baby and I did cancel a playdate with friend that had a younger child at home BUT I also know if it was a month later, he'd be back in school already because, frankly, he can't afford to miss for every sniffle. Other times those exact symptoms are allergy triggered. Keep in mind that you are contagious even BEFORE you are symptomatic. you could be catching germs from some seemingly healthy friend who comes down with the flu hours after your playdate. Yes, social activities should be canceled for contagious things, but I'm also not going to lose sleep over exposure to a cold
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 11:54 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• It bugs my, but I don't say much just tell my kids to stay away from the sick kid. I never take my kids any where sick.. Except the doctor. Period.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 7:44 AM on Aug. 11, 2010