has anyone ever done weight watchers?

if so could you explain a few things:

1 if it worked and how soon do you see results?

2 how it works/ what you do... just gimmie the lowdown on it (the plan you followed etc..) lol

:)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:33 PM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• By the next week. You lose anywhere from .5 to 2 pounds a week. And some lose more the first week.

They give you an amount of points based on your sex, age, height, weight and whether or not you have an active job.

You eat all those points everyday. You don't eat less or more. Try to eat more filling healthy foods, not diet crap.

You get extra points to spread out and use, not use at all or use as a big meal one day.

The points value of a food are an equation used from the amount of fiber, calories and fat.

You can eat any foods you want. Even McDonalds at times if you want.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:51 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• seems like another money racket to me.

instead of using some system of magical points why not count calories?
    use an online calculator to find out how many calories you need to lose weight and start journaling your food intake.

you're going to be counting "points" anyways.

you can eat what ever you want, as long as you fall into your calorie range. and you learn to get the most food for your amount of calories.
    mckomet

Answer by mckomet at 9:32 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I'm on it right now. I like it. I'm doing it online though, not the weekly meetings, so I'm sure I'm not getting as much out of it as some people. There's no set plan, it's point counting (points are figured based on calories from fat, fat grams, and fiber in a food). Exercise is encouraged, of course, but like I said, it's no plan. When you start, they use your height/weight/age/daily activity level to figure out how many points you're allowed to eat in a day. It's really helped me eat better. My MIL, SIL, and a couple of friends have all done the meetings, and another friend & my sister all started online the same day - which really helps too!
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 10:14 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I used it to lose the weight after my oldest son was born. I lost 45 pounds in about five months. It's different than just counting calories because if you really pay attention to what you're eating, you can eat most of the day and still not go over your points. It forces you to cut the fat and increase your fiber intake. For the same amount of calories, you can eat probably 1/3 more food if you make better choices. It also has you keep track of your dairy and produce servings, which affects how fast you lose the weight. I did best with three servings of calcium and eight servings of produce. I even went over my point allowance by following the nursing mothers program when I was no longer nursing, and I still lost weight. I also noticed that when I wasn't following the plan, I could still eat more and maintain my weight. It seemed to make my metabolism even out long term.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 8:09 PM on Aug. 11, 2010