My 2 year old plays favorites with everything!!!

My daughter has a favorite everything and I am starting to get frustrated!

My mom crocheted her a beautiful blanket in her favorite color because her baby blanket is now too small. She wont sleep with it and still insists on having the baby blanket with her always. My mother's feeling are hurt and I know she spent alot of time making the new blanket but my daughter doesnt want it because of her favorite.

People bought her some nice dolls and babies. She wont play with them...only the old baby she has that is beat up, toilet dipped, and seemingly less fun.

People bought her about 20 kids movies. My parents bought her 5 from the veggie tales series. But she only wants to watch one barbie movie and refuses to watch anything else.

The list goes on and on. One acceptable food. One acceptable beverage. One acceptable flavor of toothpaste. What to do? People are noticing that thier gifts are not being used.

amber710

Asked by amber710 at 8:49 PM on Aug. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• Don't worry about what others think. She knows what she likes!
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 8:50 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• She knows what she likes but keep offering the other things. She will get used to them. My mom made my LO a blanket for Christmas b/c she is outgrowing her other one. I keep putting it in her bed and if she sees the other one she will want that one and not the hand made crochet blanket. I wish you luck but at my house we have 5 babies and every day there is a new fav one. Maybe lose the fave one for now and keep encouraging her to play with the others.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:53 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• This just shows how little a small person needs to be happy.
    Amber211

Answer by Amber211 at 8:57 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Well she is only 2, if people don't realize that it's their problem not hers or yours. It's just a stage that ALL kids go through. My 3yo will only eat hotdogs and drink chocolate milk. Plays w toy cars not dolls and will only wear flip-flops right now. It will change just give it time to pass.
    sherri79

Answer by sherri79 at 9:16 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• You can't make her like anything. If she has a favorite go with it. Put the other gifts up and save them for a rainy day. It's probably a phase. Give her some more time. But as far as food goes, keep introducing new foods, she will be more likely to try it if you eat it too. Good Luck!
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 2:05 AM on Aug. 11, 2010