What are your daily "responsibilities"?

What do you do? What does your spouse or partner want to see when they come home? Or what do you expect from yourself?

thelowlander

Asked by thelowlander at 8:58 PM on Aug. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• My husband is pretty lenient. He doesn't care what i do as long as the kids are well cared for.
    I tend to read to the kids a lot, help them do art and craft projects, help them play nicely with one another, cook,. clean, take care of the pets and household.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 9:01 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• When i was with my daughter's father, it was after i went to school full time, went to work full time, i had to come home and clean all dishes (because he would just let them up and play his playstation) and take care of our daughter because on his days off he "did it all day long"... i was sooo happy on days he had to work because i could do what i wanted...
    Tiamarie54

Answer by Tiamarie54 at 9:04 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I had an ex bf that expected the house to be spotless and supper waiting for him when he got off work. Luckily my huspand isn't like that.
    sherri79

Answer by sherri79 at 9:10 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I am single and have been for a very long time. When I had the children to care for, that took up most of my time. I worked full time, went to school every night and took care of two children, one in ballet classes and the other with soccer team practice. I am so thankful that gas prices where 99 cents a gallon and I could drive all over heck and back, and not break the bank. I was really a nit picky Mom about how my kids looked, what they ate and how neat the house was kept. Now that I am on my own, I make sure I eat at least one meal a day, that the dog and cat go outside for a while. I hired a maid for the house and yard guy for the lawn. I read a book a day, blog, write books and generally keep myself happy with being alive. Any day above ground is a great day for me. Cheers!

Joeygoat

Answer by Joeygoat at 9:12 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• My DH doesn't expect anything he just wants I take good care of our kids but I also clean (a lot) and cook and do other many things.
    shining8250

Answer by shining8250 at 9:14 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• He just expects me to be happy to see him. Really he knows I get the job done and he does not expect things like dinner because he cooks most of the time. And we work together when it comes to everything else.

SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 9:42 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• My husband would expect the house to be spotless, the kids to be behaving and quiet, and him to have hours of computer time when he gets home. However, that's not ever the case when he gets home and that's fine with me. Even if not with him. My daily schedule is to take care of the kids and do what housework I can fit in during the day. I cook dinner when DH gets home, then put the kids to bed. After that it's up in the air.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:24 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• i keep my house spotless, i keep the laundry done, i cook 3 meals a day, and i watch some TV...LOL But my hubby is army and works very long days, when he gets home he does the baths w/ me, and he always does night duty with the baby and the kids if there is a problem....I love him
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 3:32 PM on Aug. 11, 2010