Formula Question I am a New Mommy

I have been feeding my son Enfamil and I got 4 cans of similac I wanted to know if it's ok to use both? Or if theyre the same thing just different makers??

Devin0414

Asked by Devin0414 at 9:03 PM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

Level 1 (-5 Credits)
  • Eh, I mean it wont kill a baby but just up and switching formula can cause upset tummies. It's not recommended to just do it cold turkey or to bounce from formula to formula.
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 9:05 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• They are basically the same, but I don't know if your baby will be able to tell the difference. I fed my DD Enfamil, then once I bought the Walgreens brand because it was cheaper and they were supposed to be the same. The stuff was yellow, didn't mix well, and my daughter hated it.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 9:06 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• It's not good to mix. If your son has done well with Enfamil, stick to it!
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 9:06 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• dont mix. it can caused tummy problems and for you mommy alot of sleepless nights
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 9:28 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• My daughter has eaten Similac, Enfamil, GoodStart, and Parent's Choice. We didn't have any problems switching with her at least none that were evident. The FDA regulates every brand and they are generally the same. I'd take it slow, but I PERSONALLY don't think it would hurt!
    JoyfulSurprise

Answer by JoyfulSurprise at 12:39 AM on Aug. 11, 2010