son is ruining our sex life adult content

My teenage son constantly wakes up in the middle of the night and knocks on the door, when we are having sex, he also started knocking on our door when we do it during the day on saturday, its really starting to disturb our sex life and advice?

Cshaw73

Asked by Cshaw73 at 9:15 PM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I am pretty sure I have seen this posted before, Same wording even.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:16 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Well since you posted this to teens, I am assuming he is old enough to know what is going on, and probably only doing it to annoy you. You need to let him know that if your door is shut, it is your time, and he is not welcome unless it is an emergency.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 9:18 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Tell him you and your husband need privacy just like he at times needs privacy. Tell him if the door is closed he is to wait till you two have the door open unless there is a fire or some kind of dire emergency.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 9:20 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• maybe you should have sex during the day while your child is pretty much in the next room. You need to tell him that you need daddy mommy time at night and to please not knock at the door. maybe you guys are being to loud and he doesn't want to hear you guys have sex.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:21 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• sounds to me like you are being too loud and waking him up or grossing him out. sounds like a "Keep it down, ew" teenage response
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 9:21 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Well that's just a part of being a parent. Maybe you should wait until he's out of the house to do it, or go to a hotel every once in awhile and have someone watch your son. I remember hearing my parents go at it when I was a teenager, and I was so grossed out. God, who wants to know that their parents are having sex? Yuck.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 9:28 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Do what my room mates & I did... Tell him when there is a sock on the door he can't come in. You need to be clear with him that you need your privacy and he should be old enough to care for himself for a short time... Tell him if it's not an emergency, don't even knock...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:33 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• maybe you should have sex during the day while your child is pretty much in the next room. You need to tell him that you need daddy mommy time at night and to please not knock at the door. maybe you guys are being to loud and he doesn't want to hear you guys have sex

Sorry missed typed. I meant shouldn't

mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:49 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Yea I have seen this same post before.
    Have you previously posted this maybe a month or two ago?

Talk to him. Ask him why he does it and ask him to stop.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:20 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Ive answered this before.. I know i have.. and dang it i liked the advice i gave 1st time around! LOL... But i dont remember what all i said!

if hes 13+ id tell him after 9pm to not knock on my door! hes old enough to take care of whatever before 9pm and better not bother me unless the house is burning down until atleaste 5am (or whatever time is good for yall & acceptable around school hours)..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 12:03 AM on Aug. 11, 2010