Bed wetting magically stopped?

I posted a Q last week about this. We bought my DD a new bed set for her birthday. She never slept in her bed before, and we have been battling bed wetting for like a year now (DD just turned 5). Now that she's in her bed with her new bed set she hasn't wet the bed since! It's been 6 days and no wetting... and last night she drank a LOT before bed so I was sure she'd wet, but she didn't!

I'm super glad it's stopped, but what changed in her mind that made her stop? I know she talks about not wanting to mess up her new covers, but why didn't she stop before???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:10 PM on Oct. 6, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Maybe now that she's in her own bed she feel like more of a big girl and is more willing and able to control herself. Kids have more respect for their own stuff than they do yours. Maybe that's why it was no big deal to pee your bed.
    Sammieanne

Answer by Sammieanne at 1:08 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• sometimes you just have to find that thing that clicks for kids. My oldest was almost 3 when his little brother was born. I had been telling him for a couple months prior to the birth that he would have to be done with his diapers at night before the baby came, cause the baby would need the diapers. The day we brought the baby home, he refused to have a diaper put on for nighttime, and never ONCE wet the bed. It was like he could have done it all along, but just decided it was time.
    jjandjsmomma

Answer by jjandjsmomma at 2:53 PM on Oct. 6, 2008