Baby #2 Drama

My son is 21 months old and I am 21 years old. I am at the point where I feel I am ready to have baby #2. I just need some help: 1. he is so young would I be acting selfishly by wanting another baby now. 2. I thought I should wait until he is about 5 but by then as they grow they will hate each other with such a difference in age. 3. Sometimes I walk in his room where he sometimes plays alone and it breaks my heart hearing him talk to his self he needs someone to play with. But I feel I would be taking away from him if I do. Can anyone help me. I know that is a lot to take in at one time I just need a little help. thanks <3

konnorsmama

Asked by konnorsmama at 9:33 PM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I am one of four children. My oldest sister is four years older than I am, then sis #2 is 15 months older then I am and my youngest sibling, my brother, is 15 months younger than I am. I never felt that my parents were selfish that we were so close together. We fought sometimes, but we had a blast playing together most of the time.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:41 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• These feelings will pass. You'd be giving him a playmate.Mine are approx 3 years apart. Well 12,9,7,and 4 to be exact. As long as he gets spme alone time every once in awhile you'll be fine. There's no taking away and he can help take care of the new baby. You know bring you diapers and other age appropriate things.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:43 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Thank you so much for your comments...I am an only child and so was my mother so I guess I don’t know exactly what it feels like to have sibling ( I do have 2 step sister and 2 step brother but we never lived together they are much younger than I am) I just want my son to feel the same way he does now and I don’t want he to feel as if I’m being selfish. Thanks ladies <3
    konnorsmama

Comment by konnorsmama (original poster) at 10:00 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I waited five in a half years to have another child. They get along fine. Well like siblings do. If you are ready. Get started.lol!
    elly25

Answer by elly25 at 11:15 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I only have one chid, he is 4 years old. My brother was younger than me by 20 months. We do not get along and never have. I think the age difference is how you raise them. That being said...having a 2nd child so your first has a playmate...well that is what my mom thought. It backfired. I was extremely jealous of my brother...my mom thinks it is b/c I was going through major changes and I felt like I was not getting time with my parents.

If you think you are ready...go for it.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 2:16 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• heres a bump GL
    san78

Answer by san78 at 7:42 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Thanks everyone for your comments...Seems as if I have some more thinking to do <3
    konnorsmama

Comment by konnorsmama (original poster) at 9:38 AM on Aug. 11, 2010