PLEASE HELP!! dd has been wetting her self after being trained for 2.5 years. Bowl movement to.

My dd has been wetting her self after being trained for 2.5 years. Bowl movement to have been uncontrable aswell. her bowl has been ver lose.
I had her tested for a blater infection it came back negative.
We moved 4 weeks a go she started wetting her self 3 weeks ago. she also went off her meds ( resperadon , vyvance ) ....
Any help would be great !!
Melany

four2bmws

Asked by four2bmws at 9:46 PM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Kids' Health

• What were her meds for? Not familiar with those. It might be the anxiety of the move. How old is she?
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 9:50 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• She is 6 the was on meds for Adhd and bipolor.....................she was on them for 9 months .
    four2bmws

Comment by four2bmws (original poster) at 9:51 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I guess 6 is older than I would have thought. Have you talked to the ped?
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 9:57 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• yep they want to do a fallow up in 3 weeks.
    four2bmws

Comment by four2bmws (original poster) at 10:01 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Wow! Your story is so familiar. I too went through the exact same thing when my niece now 7 was 4 at the time, and guess what? I asked my doctor for assistance, and they sat up in home therapy for her, and she is doing great. She's now going to the bathroom alone without accidents, she never wet the bed, but she was pooping on herself. Trained therapies are excellent for children with autism and adhd. My niece has mild autism, but she is extremely smart, straight "A" student, but she have some behavior issues that need to be addressed at times. Talk to your doctor to see if you guys qualify for in home therapy, it is a lifesaver, believe me it really is.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 10:01 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• it's probly the move. some kids don't adapt to change very well. i'd say just keep up the routine you had before you moved, naps and bedtimes at the same time, eat at the same time you used to, basically keep everything the same as much as possible. have her go potty every few hours, to be on the safe side. GL momma
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 10:03 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• It sounds to me like she is regressing because of the move. It was a big change for her and she has to get used to a new routine and all. I would say that taking her off of the meds probably is affecting her as well.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 10:24 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• How long is this going tolast PPS?
    four2bmws

Comment by four2bmws (original poster) at 10:27 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Is she constipated? I know you said she is having loose stools, but did they check her belly? Sometimes severe constipation can cause incontinence of stool (it just leaks around the blockage) and it can also cause loss of bladder control. And with a move, possibly she was uncomfortable going to the bathroom at the new home or too excited to remember to go!
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 6:24 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Call the Ped. & Ask.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 10:32 AM on Sep. 17, 2010