Will you visit & Bring your kids?

NEW YORK – The Sept. 11 museum is taking shape 70 feet below ground, a cavernous space that provides an emotionally raw journey and ends at bedrock where huge surviving remnants and spacial voids reveal the scale of the devastation of what once was the World Trade Center.

The museum's architects, director and two victims' family members led members of the news media Tuesday on a tour of the subterranean space, which commemorates nearly 3,000 people who died in the 1993 and 2001 terrorist attacks.

There are no display cabinets yet, no exhibits. It is still a construction site. But it was easy to visualize the intent of the spaces, clearly articulated by the acute voids created by the fallen towers.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100811/ap_on_re_us/us_sept11_museum

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 10:21 PM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes.

We did go and peered into the GZ hole in 2002- and we did bring our kids.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 10:29 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Yes if I lived close I would visit. maybe not bring my kids since they are to little to understand what went on there
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:23 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• If I lived close I would visit and bring my son.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:23 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• If I lived closer I definitely would.
    Youngwifey2

Answer by Youngwifey2 at 10:25 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Absolutely
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 10:25 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I know sooner or later I will visit the museum and I would defiently take my oldest son and I will probably take my younger boys also but after I have seen it first. The reason I would want to see it first is because I would want to be able to answer any questions they had. It is part of history and I think they should know about it.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 10:35 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Deep sigh, I don't know.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 10:25 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• When they are old enough to understand, I would.
    Courtney610

Answer by Courtney610 at 10:40 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• i don't know. it depends on how they present their information. I would probably visit if i was close enough, regardless. But i'm not so sure about the kids.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 10:28 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I don't live near it and my kids are small so I would not go anytime soon. But if it seemed interesting enough to visit based on lots of credible reviews, i would certainly consider taking a trip with the family to see.

SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 10:30 PM on Aug. 10, 2010