My daughter says theres a sticker in her ear.

But I don't see anything. And she can't even answer yes or no if she knows theres a sticker in her ear. My husband has to get up early in the morning and I can't drive. So he'd end up spending hours in the hospital and then haivng to get up early and go to work if he took her to the ER. What should I do?

MJ_BN_FE

Asked by MJ_BN_FE at 10:28 PM on Aug. 10, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I hope everything turned out ok.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 9:04 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Did you try shining a flash light down in there? She over the age of five according to your post...she should be old enough to tell you whats going on. Its possible she just scratched her ear and it feels like its in there too.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 10:30 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Call your pediatrician and tell him/her what your daughter said, and how she is acting. They might be able to give you some advice on if you need to take her to the ER or if there is something at home you can do. All dr.s offices have a 24 hour operator and someone should be on call to answer your question.
    FrenchGrey

Answer by FrenchGrey at 10:31 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I don't think it is an emergency if there is a sticker in there. If it was a bug, then yes. But a sticker - like a stamp- right? This should be able to wait until you can take her to her doctor or an urgent care clinic to have them take a look. Or you can call the ER or the doctor on call to ask.

Answer by Bmat at 10:32 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Sticker like paper or sticker like sanbur?
    irishiprincess

Answer by irishiprincess at 10:43 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• A sticker like paper. She put it on the round inside part of her ear and says it fell into her ear and she stuck her finger in there to try and get it out. But when i ask her if she knows for sure theres a sicker in her ear she just sits there and says nothing. I asked her like 10 times. She doesn't answer. She's of age to know things like this, but she has some issues due to things that have happened in her life... i'm guessing thats why... shes not like other kids.
    MJ_BN_FE

Comment by MJ_BN_FE (original poster) at 10:46 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• See if you hubby can take her after work...check her ear again and the area she was in...it could have fell off and she thought it was in her ear...
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 1:48 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• If she needs to be seen by a doctor ( and it sounds like she does) then your husband will have to take her, and be tired at work. That's how parenting goes. Not only mommies have to be dead tired.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:33 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• call the ped. my dd stuck an earring in her ear once and they had me put her on her side and pull the ear a certain way and it finally did come out (u can checkc online too). If anything it can prob. wait till AM ... its not gonna really go anywhere... just don't stick tweezers or anything.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 2:12 AM on Aug. 12, 2010