working at a garage

I just started aorking as a secretary in a garage. I'm 16 weeks pregnant. The office is seperate and i keep the window open, but will the fumes harm my baby?

marchma2b

Asked by marchma2b at 12:19 PM on Oct. 6, 2008 in Pregnancy

• just keep aair flowing .. you should be fine .....
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 12:21 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• They shouldn't IF it's well ventilated, but winter is coming so you've got to find out if it's still ventilated without the window open. I would say if you walk outside and you can't smell a lot fo the harmful chemicals and fumes then it's probably okay. You could also talk to the owner and see what the ventilation is like in the garage itself, I'm sure the mechanics don't want to breathe that in all day long either
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 12:23 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Talk to your OB about it and how to mitigate the risks. I was taking organic chem while preg with my daughter and did research with my OB to find out which chemicals I could mitigate exposure to and which ones I had to avoid entirely (skip lab).
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:27 PM on Oct. 6, 2008