Is this a first here... someone asking a specific person a question?

Geez I sure didn't mean to cause such a stir... Some kind of rule or something about how you ask a question............my gosh... I asked with no ill intention... yet commotion is caused by it. hmmm

Cochise

Asked by Cochise at 10:34 PM on Aug. 10, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Honestly I have never seen it but it may have happen I don't see all the post on here.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:35 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I am so used to other forums where that is the norm....just so you realize.
    Cochise

Comment by Cochise (original poster) at 10:35 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• i personally dont see what the big deal is!
    baby1mom

Answer by baby1mom at 10:41 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Personally, I thought the "answers" section was to ask a general question you wanted multiple answers to....not to call out a specific person. However, I could care less.
    emilex

Answer by emilex at 10:45 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Learn something new every day. (:
    Cochise

Comment by Cochise (original poster) at 10:45 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I don't think your question was any worse than calling someone out within a post. In fact, you were more nice and tactful. CM rules only speak of talking ill of a named person...people address others by name in questions all the time late at night, just being ignorant credit-junkies.
    You only wanted to understand better; you weren't being rude. Maybe save your headache next time and pm instead?? People are so persnickety here! LoL!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:51 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Sure are dullscissors...... always will people who take things the wrong way in life.
    Cochise

Comment by Cochise (original poster) at 11:03 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• What happened Cochise?
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 11:12 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Until very recently, calling anyone out by name in a question they aren't already participating in is a violation of the Terms of Service. Since they started revamping the rules, everything is up in the air, but it's still generally acknowledged that addressing someone by name where they don't see it is a violation. It slid for a while with the point whoring questions at midnight, but then they got pissy and started calling people out by name in there just to harass them - it has never been allowed here until the past month, and then it's not so much a case of it being allowed as it being tolerated. It was explained in all that stuff you clicked through when you first registered an acct here.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:17 PM on Aug. 10, 2010